Group Labelwork (GKJ)
Typically, practitioners of the KJ method use paper labels and
four-colored ball-point pens to externalize their thoughts and ideas
during a creative thinking process. A similar approach and method is
used in group KJ lessons. However, due to the large paper size
required, this approach is limited in the effective capturing and
sharing of diagrams. Considering the merits of the conventional
paper-pen approach and the demand for a quick sharing of diagrams after
the session, we designed and implemented a system to digitize the group
KJ session---not just the diagrams but also the details of the creative
work processes. We used digital pens during the session to capture the
position and orientation of labels as well as their contents. We
confirmed the efficiency of our system over the course of several KJ
- Takahiro Nyu, Motoki Miura: Evaluation of Gesture-Command Input Method for Pen-based Group KJ System, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES2012), pp. 1857-1866, September 2012.
- Takahiro Nyu, Motoki Miura: Editing the Visual Properties of Collaborative KJ Diagrams Using User-Defined Handwritten Gestures, Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Wireless, Mobile, and Ubiquitous Technologies in Education (WMUTE2012), Takamatsu, Kagawa, pp. 208-210, March 2012.
- Takahiro Nyu, Motoki Miura: Applying Gesture Command Input Method for Pen-based Group KJ System, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES2011) Part III, LNAI 6883, Kaiserslautern, Germany, pp. 96-105, September 2011. (info)
- Motoki Miura, Taro Sugihara, Susumu Kunifuji: GKJ: Group KJ Method Support System Utilizing Digital Pens, The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Vol. E94-D, No. 3, pp. 456-464, March 2011. (CiNii)
- Motoki Miura, Taro Sugihara, Susumu Kunifuji: Augmented Collaborative Card-based Creative Activity with Digital Pens, The HCI International 2009 Conference Proceedings, LNCS 5610, San Diego, CA, pp. 644-651, July 2009. (pdf)
Copyright © 2005-2018 Motoki Miura, All Rights Reserved.